RFS: makeself - utility to generate self-extractable archives

Hello.

I would like to find sponsor for my package which fixes two outstanding
bugs:

#239620: makeself: wrongly set architecture header
Severity: *serious*

#239614: makeself - Description improvement
Severity: minor

Here goes rest of relevant information:

Package           : makeself
License           : GPL
Author name       : Stéphane Peter <megastep@megastep.org>
URL               : http://www.megastep.org/makeself/
Short description : utility to generate self-extractable archives
Long description  :
 makeself is a small shell script that generates a self-extractible
 archive from a directory. The resulting file appears as a shell script
 (many of those have a .run suffix), and can be launched as is. The
 archive will then uncompress itself to a temporary directory and an
 optional arbitrary command will be executed (for example an installation
 script). This is pretty similar to archives generated with WinZip
 Self-Extractor in the Windows world. Makeself archives also include
 checksums for integrity self-validation (CRC and/or MD5 checksums).

 The makeself script itself is used only to create the archives from a
 directory of files. The resultant archive is actually a compressed
 (using gzip, bzip2, or compress) TAR archive, with a small shell script
 stub at the beginning. This small stub performs all the steps of
 extracting the files, running the embedded command, and removing the
 temporary files when it's all over. All what the user has to do to
 install the software contained in such an archive is to "run" the
 archive, i.e sh nice-software.run. I recommend using the "run" (which
 was introduced by some Makeself archives released by Loki Software) or
 "sh" suffix for such archives not to confuse the users, since they it's
 actually shell scripts (with quite a lot of binary data attached to it
 though!).

I tried to contact my previous sponsor but he hasn't replied yet (since
Saturday). I'll be very thankful for sponsoring this package for me,
especially because of that serious bug.

Package is available at: http://skawina.eu.org/makeself/

regards
fEnIo

--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska