Re: Should I always clean in debian/rules before making binary?

elijah wright <elw@stderr.org> writes:
> frank, can i beg you to doublecheck the way your last name is encoded in
> your email client?  it corrupts the screen state in pine EVERY time i get
> one of your email messages...  mutt doesn't get corrupted, but it shows me
> a big fat questionmark instead of the letter between "K" and "s" in your
> last name... i see that your mails are coming across as latin-1 encoded -
> is whatever the second letter of your name is really in that charset?

Current SMTP standards do not allow anything else except 7-bit ASCII
in the headers. Thus the MUA should convert any 8-bit characters to
the special header MIME encoding when sending and of course manage to
convert the MIME information back. This mail _should_ demonstrate
that, unless my Gnus surprises me.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *