Re: wvdial prompts "by hand"... is that release critical?

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 18:23, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 06:16:48PM -0500, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> > See bug 219151.  The wvdial package prompts the user by hand during
> > installation instead of using debconf.  Isn't this against the policy?
>
> Only a "should", not a "must".
>
> > If so, shouldn't that bug be release critical instead of important?
>
> "Should" violations aren't release-critical. Also, it's not listed here:
>
>   http://release.debian.org/sarge_rc_policy.txt
>
> > Is it worth trying to change that so that this gets fixed for Sarge?
>
> It may be worth trying to fix it nevertheless.

Feel free to send me the patch, and NMU it during the weekend bug squashing
party, but as indicated, it's a *SHOULD*, and so I've left it at important,
which takes it out of "release critical" and into the "I'll fix it when we
actually release WvDial 2.0" pile of stuff.

--
Patrick Patterson
Technical Ambassador