Re: dh_make generates Stds. version 3.6.0 but latest is 3.6.1

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:12:05PM -0800, Number Six wrote:
> If dh_make generates debian/control at Standards-Version: 3.6.0, and the
> latest Standards-Version: is 3.6.1, how can I verify my project actually
> meets the correct standards (if I just bump the number)?

It's a problem I have to deal with all the time.  I've told the
policy folks about the problem of how do you know your packages meet the
policy correctly but they had other things to do. Even working out
what has changed between versions is difficult.

You want to know what really happens?  I do a quick check of the policy
changes, bump the number, then wait for someone to complain.

> Can a tool do it?
lintian and linda attempt to do it and probably do it well enough.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer