Re: RFS: netPanzer

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:42:53AM +0000, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > > You should give us a little bit more time. Maybe I will give it a try
> > > this evening or tomorrow. If its fine I will be happy to sponsor you, if
> > > not you have to fix the problems :).
> > Well, sorry for hurring up you, but I'm just too excited with whole
> > packaging stuff, and Debian as well ;)
> Okay I did a look to your package. Your work has been done very nicely,
> but I have two small points for you to fix:
>
> 1) please don't install the pixmap into /usr/X11R6/include/pixmaps -
> take /usr/share/pixmaps instead
Doh, I've made it after reading some outdated menu documentation ;)
http://www.handhelds.org/~nelson/menu/ch3.html
That was probably a draft, changed later.

Ok it's fixed now. After build I'll upload it to mentioned homepage.
(http://skawina.eu.org/netpanzer/)

> 2) why is netpanzer-data a native package ? Please repackage it as a
> non-native package (with diff.gz und orig.tar.gz)
Well, but I'm not sure why this is made as native package.
I had some warnings:
dpkg-source: warning: source directory `./netpanzerdata-0.1.3' is not
<sourcepackage>-<upstreamversion> `netpanzer-data-0.1.3'

But even if I've renamed it to proper name I still have

dpkg-buildpackage: full upload; Debian-native package (full source is included)

And there is no .diff.gz :/

What should I do to make it non-native?

> If this two points are done I would be happy to sponsor your package.
Great! I'm really thankful ;)

> Netpanzer is really funny :).
Yeah I know. It has got many faithful players already, and it's really
young game ;)

regards
fEnIo

--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska