Re: RFS: fig2sxd

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 06:45:41PM +0100, Alexander Bürger wrote:
> > Argh. This is just plainly _wrong_. Read policy and developers reference
> > about versioning what -2.1 actually means...
>
> I'm sorry, but I cannot find anything negative about 2.1 as debian
> revision.
[...]
> says "lt" to me. Please tell me what is wrong, and where I can find that
> info.

Debian revisions containing a dot are reserved for special
purposes, 2.1 designates a source NMU, and 2.1.1 would be a binary-NMU
of this source NMU 2.1.

See http://www.at.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-nmu
http://www.at.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-porter-guidelines

         hth, cu andreas