Re: Bootsplash Updates

Ok the new packages have been uploaded to mentors.debian.net. The debconf stuff has been updated so that most configuration is done through dpkg-reconfigure bootsplash. Also now grub is supported. I also changed the location of package files to match the package name (for eaiser debconf stuff on me). The bootsplash-theme-debiantux has been replaced by bootsplash-theme-debian-tux. There are still some problems with the licencing for the tuxntosh and matrix themes. Their author has not responded to any of my emails, so the licence is unknown, he is distributing them on kdelook so I think it's safe to use, but I don't know about modifications. Until the licence is known I guess they won't be in debian proper. I think that's about it, so as usual let me know if any problems are encountered.

PS: kernel-patch-bootsplash and sysv-rc-boosplash have not been updated.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com