Re: (2nd try) RFS: Erudite Directory Service Admin

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 18:47 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Mark Roach wrote:
[...]
> > dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory autom4te.cache
> > dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file autom4te.cache/traces.0
> > dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file autom4te.cache/requests
> > dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file autom4te.cache/output.0
> >
> > Is this something I need to worry about? I could obviously just have
> > deleted that directory from my original tarball, but I'm curious why
> > that's happening.
[...]
> Don't ship the autotools cache on your tarball, please. It is begging for
> trouble.
>
> Anyway, that's just patch telling it it cannot remove files, so it left
> them *untouched* (which is a very, very good reason to make sure your
> debian/rules clean target rm -f everything of the sort).

hmm. I don't think it is patch that is doing the complaining.
$ tar xvzf edsadmin-0.8.1.orig.tar.gz
$ mv edsadmin-0.8.1.orig edsadmin-0.8.1
$ zcat edsadmin_0.8.1-2.diff.gz | patch -p0
patching file edsadmin-0.8.1/debian/changelog
patching file edsadmin-0.8.1/data/Makefile
patching file edsadmin-0.8.1/config.status
$

dh_clean seems to kill that directory. I guess I'll just make sure to
remove that from my tarballs. It looks like using a newer version of
automake will give me a maintainer-clean target that removes this stuff
and dist will roll my tarball for me (without that stuff).

Thanks,

Mark