Package renaming doubt

Hi,

I maintain gnuradio debian packages. A new upstream is released which
is far superior to the old versions, but the source names have changed.
SONAME is not changed however. The binaries also have their names changed,
but one of the packages have the same name (python-gnuradio). I have asked
for the old packages to be removed from the archive. Now, is there a way
I can upload the newer packages into the archive. Having same name for one
of the binary package means I cannot use "Replaces" field.

What is the sane way of handling this? Any advice in this regard will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
--
   Ramakrishnan                   <rkrishnan@debian.org>
   Use Free Software -- Help stamp out Software Hoarding!