Re: Looking for a sponsor

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 01:13:29PM +0100, Maciej Dems wrote:
> > How does your package differ from konwert?
> > Has it got some advantages?
>
> These two packages have very similar functionality. I dont know konwert
> very well so I cannot tell much about differences between these two
> packages. I thing that whether user would use polcnv or konwert is the
> question of personal preference. (that's why I think it should be in
> Debian).

Ok I took a look at your package. Few glitches I found:

- If upstream uses configure stuff, then why are you patching Makefile.in
  and similar files? Can't you just use --prefix=/usr ?
- Your copyright file still doesn't look as it should.
  Take a look at such files in other packages. Name of author should be
  mentioned also under "Copyright" header. Then follows license.
  You can use package "potrace" as an example.
- You should close your bugreport (ITP) in changelog entry.

Otherwise package looks good for me.

Good luck with finding sponsor. I can't upload it cause I'm not DD yet.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska