Re: Introducing myself and my package

Hello Miriam, hello list!

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 12:41:58AM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> [...]
> One of them is almost finished. It's called
> xdesktopwaves, and its upstream web page is
> http://xdesktopwaves.sourceforge.net/. It's a pure X11
> toy that draws moving water waves in the desktop. You
> can see some screenshots in that page. xdesktopwaves
> is distributed under the GNU General Public License.

There is a RFP filed at <http://bugs.debian.org/282153>. In order to
prevent duplicated effort in packaging, please retitle the bugreport
as your packaging seems to be quite advanced, see
<http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#howto-rfp> for details.

BTW, the name "X Windows" is deprecated, see for example
additionally you might want to consider the upstream homepage to the
long description as well, see the rest of the Best Packaging Practices
for reference.

> [...]
> In case you're interested, you can get the package
> from  https://baby.yi.org:8000/debian/xdesktopwaves/

Hm, the server certificate was only valid until 2002-12-20.

I see there is an empty .dsc.asc on this page. If you want to provide
a signature this can easily be done using debsign from the devscripts

Previously I was thinking about possibly packaging this useless, but
funny toy myself, but now I believe it is in good hands. :)
I recommend this for sponsoring, but cannot do it myself as I'm no