Re: Package split/merge advice

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> writes:

(on somewhat related topic)

I recently filed an RFP on itagalog and aspell-tl and one of the developers
said that I should consider merging both sources since they use the same word

>> way. I'd like to receive advices about the matter.
> I didn't check how big the individual upstream data files are, but yes,
> if they are rather small, you can consider creating a merged
> "orig".tar.gz file from all of them.

Would this be ok in my case? Get all the aspell files, put in ispell-tl, and
build the binary packages for aspell and ispell from there? But that will make
my orig.tar.gz lose its pristineness?

Jan Alonzo                          <jmalonzo@unpluggable.com>