Package split/merge advice

Hi, I'm the maintainer of torcs[0], a car racing game. Initially
I've made four -data packages, one is the base data files, and the
others are for -tracks and -cars. Due some filled bugs I've
discovered that it needs another -cars package to have the full enjoy
of all game's features.

My question is if it's worth to make a new package for it as
upstream provides, or it would be better to have only two packages,
say one for -tracks and other for -cars, besides the base -data.

I don't want to have a package for every upstream data file which is
DFSG free. So I'm strongly considering to merge these and work that
way. I'd like to receive advices about the matter.

0- http://torcs.org

  | Somos libres, seamoslo con software libre      * http://debian.org |
  | http://www.apesol.org.pe         -*-         http://stone-head.org |
  | GPG FP: 0D12 8537 607E 2DF5 4EFB  35A7 550F 1A00 3433 BD21         |