Re: Packaged PPower4

Dear Klaus,

As you may have noticed, I am trying to create a package of PPower4 for
Debian GNU/Linux and, I've been in contact with some Debian developers that
have been kindly guiding me with my task.

Unfortunately, it seems that the sources of PPower4 are not available for
download on your homepage. I have already grabbed the jar file, the style
files, the wrapper script and the manual from your site, but the source of
the package is still needed for the reasons that Frank Küster points out
below.

On Oct 29 2004, Frank Küster wrote:
> For the package to be in Debian, it is not only necessary that the
> source is available, it must also be possible to compile the jar file
> from the source. This is important e.g. when there is a security bug,
> which we would have to fix even in the possible ancient version included
> in a the stable Debian release, when upstream is only fixing the current
> version.

With the advent of newer and better versions of Free JVMs, it is now
possible to use PPower4 in a completely Free environment (I have tried
using it succesfully with both sablevm and kaffe for preparation of my
presentations with LaTeX).

So, I would like to ask you if you could provide the source code of the
package so that I could finish packaging PPower4 (and, possibly, have it
included in Debian, giving your program a wider audience).

Thank you very much, Rogério Brito.

P.S.: I'm sending Cc's to the relevant mailing lists of the Debian
project.
  Rogério Brito - rbrito@ime.usp.br - http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito