ivmkmf and RULES

Hi,

I am packaging a software which uses "ivmkmf" to generate the makefile.

I am trying to use the rules file to auto gen this makefile, but the
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot command fails, 'cause it tries to clean the
software even before the Makefile has been generated by ivmkmf.

Does anyone know what other people do when they have to generate a
makefile first ?

Here is an example of my rules file :
configure: configure-stamp
configure-stamp:
	dh_testdir
	# Add here commands to configure the package.
	export ARCH=LINUX
	export CPU=LINUX
	ivmkmf -a
	touch configure-stamp

build: build-stamp

build-stamp: configure-stamp
	dh_testdir

	# Add here commands to compile the package.
	$(MAKE)
	#docbook-to-man debian/mxv.sgml > mxv.1

	touch build-stamp

clean:
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp

	# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
	-$(MAKE) clean

	dh_clean

--
http://www.flatmax.org