Packaging kernel patches

Hello,

Is there a doc/URL, which serves as guide for packaging kernel patches?
If so, I would appreciate a pointer.

I'm trying to package support for netdump (netconsole + dumping machine
state + memory dump over network). RedHat kernels have developed this
capability (and which is not available in vanilla kernels). They do not
have a project page, for publishing the netdump patches, and I have
obtained the netdump patch, from the SRPMs for Fedora Core 2 kernel
(http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/).
So, they don't have a .orig.tar.gz which I can use. Though debuild
prints a warning ("W: kernel-patch-netdump source:
native-package-with-dash-version"), it exits with 0 return code.

Is that okay?

Regards,

--
Chirag Kantharia, puggy.symonds.net/~chyrag/