Re: Looking for a sponser for aeromail package

Erik Schanze wrote:

Russell Kliese <russell@eminence.com.au>:
I would like to maintain the aeromail package that is currently orphaned. I am not a debian maintainer and therefore am looking for a sponsor.

I also had a look over aeromail a while ago. (See bug #229960)
Please let me tell my opinion:

Do you really mean it is worth to adopt?
Upstream is not active anymore, so you are responsible for
all security fixes and future improvements.

There is now a new upstream (as of 9/9/2004).

There are better alternatives (e.g. squirrelmail) available.
I thought aeromail would be removed soon.

Yes, fair enough. Maybe I will switch to an alternative.

Thanks for your opinion,

Russell