Re: shlibs

#include <hallo.h>
* David Moreno Garza [Tue, Oct 19 2004, 09:33:52AM]:

> > Do you want your dependency to be satisfyable by either xmms (which
> > shlibs suggests), or beep-media-player (which shlibs does not
> > suggest). If so, you are either going to have to provide your own
> > shlibs.local file and put in an appropriate entry, or manually
> > define the dependencies in debian/control. AFAIK, shlibs cannot
> > handle alternatives.
>
> That's what I meant, thank you, I'll take a look at shlibs.local files.

I am not sure what you guys are talking about (unless I am completely
confused). shlibs files are for library packages that _provide_
something to link against (SONAMEd shared libraries). shlibs:Depends
gets a list that is created by dpkg-shlibdeps by checking how the
binaries are linked and reading the .shlibs files from the installed
library packages. So why do you need shlibs.local? Do you try to replace
the target dependency on libxmms with something like "libxmms |
my-other-library" for your local packages or is it something else?

Regards,
Eduard.
--
OpenBSD fails miserably in this respect, and makes for an example of how NOT
to work with the community on security issues.  Their approach is, roughly,