Re: shlibs

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 16:11 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> [2004.10.19.1555 +0200]:
> > debian/control hardcore: xmms | beep-media-player
>
> What's hardcore?

I meant hardcore for using direct package names, instead what
${shlibs:Depends} yields.

> > The shlibs:Depends returns, among others, xmms. But I need to be
> > compared with another package, as in the first example. In the
> > case, beep media player.
>
> Define "compared"?

Alternative: package | package, exactly what you explained better:

> Do you want your dependency to be satisfyable by either xmms (which
> shlibs suggests), or beep-media-player (which shlibs does not
> suggest). If so, you are either going to have to provide your own
> shlibs.local file and put in an appropriate entry, or manually
> define the dependencies in debian/control. AFAIK, shlibs cannot
> handle alternatives.

That's what I meant, thank you, I'll take a look at shlibs.local files.

Thanks to dato, too, for the patience.

Regards,

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 GPG 356E16CD - 84F0 E180 8AF6 E8D0 842F  B520 63F3 08DB 356E 16CD