Re: Where to submit a bug?

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:59:44PM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> Problem: as user of a random package X, I'd need to judge somehow if the
> packager works well with upstream or not.  The number of 'upstream' tagged
> bugs, or untagged upstream bugs, or forwarded bugs etc. can give a hint,
> but it's not clear.

The real problem is those maintainers that don't work well with
upstream. Rather than working around by sometimes submitting upstream,
one should fix the root cause of the problem -- promote the
communication and cooperation of Debian maintainers with their upstream.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl