Re: Where to submit a bug?

On Thursday 14 October 2004 00.33, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> You can submit the bug to Debian, and it becomes the maintainer's
> responsibility to forward it upstream if so necessary.  (There is a
> mechanism, too, for tagging a bug as "forwarded to foo@bar") such that
> this isn't duplicated.
>
> Or, you can submit it to Abiword.

My experience is that if you can take the time to track down the upstream
bug tracking system and learn how it is used, it is much better  (== you
get more reactions) to report a bug upstream for most packages, if it's
clearly an upstream bug.

OTOH I'm often lazy and just use reportbug, since I don't want to create an
account on all 400 bugzilla and 30 gants and 160 request-tracker and ....
installations out there...

cheers
-- vbi

--
adrian von bidder                            ict management
+43 888 11 92                                avb@adanco.com