/usr/include/linux/irq.h Question.

Hello All,

I have an unsupported modem driver (Broadcom 2412 on
2.4.27-1-686) I thought I't try to hack...or at least
explore and get some idea how it works.

In Sarge it won't compile one of its objects called
lkvi.o, which stands for "Linux Kernel Version
Independent layer."  Through a chain of "#include"'s
that go from lkvi.c into /usr/include it ends up at a
file called "/usr/include/linux/irq.h".  This file has
at the top a comment initialed "rmk" that, paraphrased
says:

"Please do not include this file in generic code.
Presently there is no requirement for any architecture
to implement anything contained in it.
-rmk"

My questions are:

Why is this file is incuded by other /usr/include/*
files?

Is there a place to find information on files that
contain such concise instructions?

Thanks,

ejd