Re: Update-excuses: Makes N non-depending packages uninstallable on ...

Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es> schrieb:

> * Frank Küster [Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:55:56 +0200]:
>
>> * Updating tetex-bin makes 3 depending packages uninstallable on
>> alpha: jbibtex-bin, jmpost, ptex-bin
>
>   I think you need to ask -release for a hint of tetex-bin/2.0.2-20 and
>   ptex-bin/3.1.3+0.04a-3.

Thank you, I'll do that.

>> But how can that cause a problem? According to
>> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=tetex-bin
>> tetex-bin has been built "maybe-successful"ly on all arches.
>
>   it's not the case, but as you may know, "maybe-successful" does not
>   mean the package is in the archive for that arch. you want "Installed"
>   in <http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?package=tetex-bin>.

Thanks very much, I didn't know that. By the way, the output is strange
for tetex-base which is Architecture: all:

http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php

Which says that it is installed on amd64, with

,----
| amd64
|
| main/tetex-base_2.0.2b-3: Installed by Frederik Schüler <fschueler@gmx.net> [:]
|   Previous state was lost on 2004-08-26.16:23:30
`----

Besides that amd64 formally is not part of Debian yet, what does that
indicate?

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie