Update-excuses: Makes N non-depending packages uninstallable on ...

Hi,

I'm wondering how to interpret, especially the last part.

http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=tetex-bin

First it says:

* Updating tetex-bin makes 3 depending packages uninstallable on alpha: jbibtex-bin, jmpost, ptex-bin

This seems to be bogus, because ptex-bin (source package of the three)
has a versioned depends on tetex-bin that cannot be fullfilled with the
version in sarge.

But then:

* Updating tetex-bin makes 35 non-depending packages uninstallable on
  alpha: acl2-infix, advi, cdcover, cjk-latex, dvidvi, dvifb, dvilib2,
  dvilib2-dev, dvilx, dvipdfm-cjk, dvipdfmx, dvipsk-ja, ipe, jtex-bin,
  latex2rtf, lgrind, libkpathsea-perl, lilypond, lprfax, multex-bin,
  musixtex, opustex, pdfjam, pmx, sgf2tex, sgmltexi, spawg, spawx11,
  tetex-bin, tex-guy, tex4ht, texmacs, therion, xdvik-ja, xgdvi

What does that mean? For the first, acl2-infix, I cannot find any
connection to tetex-bin; for cdcover, e.g., there is one:

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libgcc1 (>= 1:3.3.3-1), libstdc++5 (>= 1:3.3.3-1), tetex-bin, tetex-base, tetex-extra

But how can that cause a problem? According to
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=tetex-bin
tetex-bin has been built "maybe-successful"ly on all arches.

TIA, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie