Re: Debian vs RedHat init script

On Thursday 29 July 2004 02.30, Joey Hess wrote:

> To use lsb init scripts in Debian, you need to have the lsb package
> installed. I don't think that we want to have debian packages
> depending on lsb, for one thing it pulls in lots of other stuff.
>
> I've also discovered that supposedly lsb compliant distributions
> violate its init script policy in various ways which can be quite
> hard to work around in an lsb init script, but YMMV there.

As I've said, it's on my TODO list but I've not looked at it yet. So
this information is appreciated - summary: it's probably not worth it
for Debian packages. (So, I guess, it *was* on my TODO list... )

Thanks & greetings
-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * Patent Law, and how it is currently abused. *