Re: Debian vs RedHat init script

Chirag Kantharia <chirag.kantharia@hp.com> schrieb:

> Because of this, I have, now, two copies of initscripts (RedHat and
> Debian), which my sponsor, thinks, is redundant. The initscripts
> differ quite a bit, and I am not sure, if one format can be converted
> to another, using simple commands (and thus, be able to maintain just
> one copy).

I would not see a problem in the duplication. If the differences are
really so big that a patch does not make sense, I would just ignore the
old one.

Whether you replace it by your init script (diff is in the diff.gz) or
keep your script in debian and use debian/rules to copy it over the
redhatish original in debian/tmp/... is just a matter of taste, I'd
say.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie