manpage: Section 1L

Hi,

teTeX comes with some manpages of section "1L" according to the header
entry in the file, and lintian complains about

W: tetex-bin: manpage-section-mismatch usr/share/man/man1/makeindex.1.gz:9 1 != 1L

It is clear that a manpage in Debian should not have such a section,
however I would like to know whether this is Debian- (or
Linux-)specific, so that we should change it during packaging, or
whether I should ask upstream to change it. Dr. Google wasn't helpful,
unfortunately.

TIA, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie