Re: RFS: lincity - Build & maintain a city/country

Hello Frank!

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:30:30AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> I would offer to sponsor you. A few quetions, though:

That's great already, thanks a lot.

> - Why do you not specify a DH_COMPAT level? Just forgotten?

True, just forgotten. I erased the respective part from debian/rules
but forgot to echo into debian/compat as it just worked without.

Now fixed.

> - Why these build-dependencies on ">= 4.3.0.dfsg.1-1"? Why specifically
>   this version?

Oh, I simply wanted to stick to a recent version, just to be on the
safe side, and selected the dfsg version.
There's no real need for this, though, and this versioning could be
completely dropped which I just did.

> - Things, that just spring to ones eyes but are probably harmless:
> "checking for bison... no"
> Why the heck is it searching for bison during configure?

According to aclocal.m4:
| [...] bison is only needed for the maintainer [...]
...upstream maintainer, that is, so IMHO no need to bother here.

> Otherwise the package looks great.

Thanks :)

Updated files can be found at <http://ernst.uni-hd.de/debian/lincity>
(all checked using pbuilder / lintian / linda).

Cheers,
Flo