Re: question and request for comments on php4-interbase package

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:36:12AM +0200, Remco Seesink wrote:
> 2) Is there a license on translations and debian files? (the files in
> the debian directory). Is this some debian default? Or is it
> considered to be to marginal to have copyright? In other words. Is it
> ok to copy the way I did.

If it's a Debian package in main, it's reasonably safe to assume that
the packaging has been placed under a DFSG-free license that permits
copying.  For completeness, your debian/copyright file should document
the copyright of the packaging itself, if it's substantial enough to
warrant separate copyright.

With translations, IME the accepted practice is to identify the
contributors in the changelog.  I'm not sure how this would mesh with
translations borrowed from another package; I presume as long as the
original .po source file still contains attribution, most translators
are ok with this.

> 3) I have the following warning during build:
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libgds.so not recognized

> Should I change anything since libgds.so is not in my package?

That's a rather troubling error.  Does something in your package *link*
to libgds.so?  What does 'file' say about the format of this file, if
dpkg-shlibdeps doesn't recognize it?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer