Re: RFS: stripclub - Online Comic Reader/Archiver

Jepri wrote:

'Kay, couple of points here.

1) You could pop up a message box saying "You can now import your comics from "/home/.../.../whatever". Or even better, you could pop up the import dialog, already open to the right directory. That would make it feel a little bit more user-orientated, and people like me wouldn't get confused and mail you saying that it didn't work.

Also, the downloading thing is very nice, but it would be nice to also include the current comics list in case the user can't get through to sourceforge.

Admittedly it is a little reliant on SF, but it makes sure that the comics are updated... plus I have a little more control over where they end up. As for the other

2) Please don't be so *lame* as to blame a user for the problems in your program. The strange thing I did was type "dpkg -i stripclub". If I have an incompatible parser library installed, or other system issues, then it is most definately your problem as a packager, not mine as a user. Especially since I have an almost-vanilla Debian install going.

I even checked the help screens to make sure I was doing it right, as I noted below

I don't even understand why it would be complaining about that tag, as I said, it should just be ignoring it. If you included the debug log, that would be a lot more helpful.

Admittedly, I didn't give you the best error report in the world, but immediately blaming a Debian user for not installing it right is a big warning sign.

I'm copying this to the list so that any potential sponsors will be aware of your attitude towards bugs in your package.

Except that the error you're describing, is extremely vague and doesn't even make sense, as it doesn't sound like an error the program would generate (unable to interpret? That's not even a string in my program...). If you were able to send me the debug log (as well as what comic you were trying to read, as well as the data file you'd constructed), I'd at least have a place to start.