Re: Separating packages.

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 07:42, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:24:10AM +0000, n.v.t n.v.t wrote:
>
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I have simple question which I could not find in the debian policy, maybe
> > someone could point me out to that section or the right documentation? Or a
> > explanation would be nice. I'm debianizing a package that I would like to
> > split up in several parts, the package has a 'backgrounds' directory a
> > 'icons' directory and a 'examples' directory. How do I handle this? I would
> > like to create packages like:
> >
> > package-backgrounds
> > package-icons
> > package-examples
> > package-name (which contains all of the above) Should I do this as a
> > meta-package? How do I create a meta-package?
>
> Is it really necessary to split it up like this?  What is gained by placing
> the icons and backgrounds in separate packages?

Hi,

This all sounds to me like a complete theme package. Does this package
also contains gtk themes? If so, then it would be a good idea to
separate the gtk and gtk2 themes. But from what I don't understand is
why do you want to separate the backgrounds/icons/examples from each
other? I debianizing the redhat-artwork (not for the official
repository) but for personal gain and experience. What are you trying to
package?

Arvind

Arvind Autar | GnuPG-Key ID: 336E5788
Key fingerprint = FAB8 B3E5 0059 880A 00B8  C859 350E BBDC 336E 5788