Separating packages.

Hello all.

I have simple question which I could not find in the debian policy, maybe someone could point me out to that section or the right documentation? Or a explanation would be nice. I'm debianizing a package that I would like to split up in several parts, the package has a 'backgrounds' directory a 'icons' directory and a 'examples' directory. How do I handle this? I would like to create packages like:

package-backgrounds
package-icons
package-examples
package-name (which contains all of the above) Should I do this as a meta-package? How do I create a meta-package?

How do I handle dependencies of the icon's e.g? There is a Makefile in the directories that speaks of a view binaries. Should I create a separated section in the 'control' file? What do I put in the 'rules' file?

Please CC me. I'm not subscribed.
Joefso

MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.nl