Re: RFS: mpd - Music Player Daemon, and clients

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 00:04, Eric Wong wrote:
> Eric Wong <eric@petta-tech.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've been maintaining Debian packages for the Music Player Daemon
> > project for the past month or so, and have finally decided that they're
> > ready for sponsorship and upload into Debian proper.  I have the full
> > support of the upstream authors, and have myself contributed to the
> > upstream development of mpc and mpd.
>
> Debian packages for new upstreams, mpc and mpd (version 0.10.3 for both)
> are up!

The mpd upgrade fails here:

Preparing to replace mpd 0.10.2-2.1 (using .../mpd_0.10.3-2_powerpc.deb)
config file: /etc/mpd.conf not found!
invoke-rc.d: initscript mpd, action "start" failed.
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
config file: /etc/mpd.conf not found!
invoke-rc.d: initscript mpd, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing
/var/www/debian/dists/experimental/mpd_0.10.3-2_powerpc.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
action: abort-upgrade not supported
 /var/www/debian/dists/experimental/mpd_0.10.3-2_powerpc.deb

I don't use a system wide mpd.