Re: How to deal with SONAME which changes very often

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 11:14:22AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Well I thought about it, but this doesn't solve every my doubt.
> > How could I name this package? Are there any policies about it?
> > What if next version occures? How to solve it?
>
> > Upstream maintainer answered me, and he told, that his packages (netwox
> > and netwag) are the only publicly available one.
>
> > So this would be some kind of solution, to provide every time those
> > three packages depending on library.
>
> > But how should I name it, and how should I solve new upstream releases?
>
> You would name it libnetwibab-dev, and whichever static lib was current
> at the time would be the one provided by this library.
libnetwibab-dev ? what's that suffix ab ?
I made libnetwib-dev now.

> With no shared library, there would be no non-dev lib package.
Ok, so I screw up my package... I've made libnetwib-dev and libnetwib...
I thought it's good to provide another package with header files.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _     Bartosz Feński | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska