Re: How to deal with SONAME which changes very often

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:18:11PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Please give me some hints/suggestions what should be done in such
> > situation? Are there any packages with that situation in our archive?
> Since you are the only one using I would say link it in
> static. Problem solved.
Yeah... that's some solution. Even author says that his program (netwox)
is the only one publicly available program using this library.

> But on second thought, seeing that its utilitie_s_, static linking
> would waste ram.
>
> But you are still the only one using that library and could combine
> the two sources into one package. If the soname changes all the time
> both need to be uploaded and recompiled in sync anyway. No point in
> making two debs.
Yep... That's probably what I will do. I'm talking with upstream author
about it. I just wonder if I find some sponsor for such packages :/

Well, thanks everyone for answers. I will ask for sponsors when I'll
preapre some packages.

regards
fEnIo
--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska