changelog or changelog.Debian for splitted package?

Hi,

in debian-tetex-maint we are currently working on splitting of a small
package that contains Postscript Type1 font files - these files are
useful for non-TeX-related applications, including XFree86.

Since teTeX itself is a compilation of packages taken from the CTAN
network, these files come from many different sources, and there is no
upstream changelog related to them. Most of them aren't even mentioned
in the changelog of the teTeX distribution.

If we would use the upstream changelog and the sources' changelog.Debian
for this font package, non-TeX users would have to read the whole bunch
of irrelevant information - just to find out that nothing has changed
in their binary package. Therefore we would like to provide a separate
changelog file for this split-off package.

The question now is: Should we name it changelog.Debian and also include
the full upstream changelog? Or should we just name ich changelog and
leave out the irrelevant upstream changelog completely?

Reading policy didn't help much, and I'm not aware of an other source
package that does similar things. Therefore I'm asking here.

TIA, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie