Re: problem with files in /etc/dir.d

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:13:21AM +0100, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> in the software that I'm trying (gosh, that's not trivial...) to
> package, some configuration files are due to go in /etc/polyxmass.d

Configuration files are configuration files, not else.
If you need to rewrite files at every installation and they are
not possibly hackable by the admin, that's the bad directory
to place them. If the admin can change them for his needs,
then u cannot rewrite them by Policy.

Other good candidate dirs for those files (in the first case):

/usr/share/polyxmass
/usr/lib/polyxmass

--
Francesco P. Lovergine