Re: RFS: fig2sxd

Hi,

Alexander Bürger wrote:
> > W: fig2sxd source: newer-standards-version 3.6.0
>
> I cannot reproduce this. I have installed lintian 1.22.9, but it does not
> give this warning. How do you get this? Anyway, after reading the
> changelog for debian-policy I decided to put Standards-Version: 3.6.1.0
> into debain/control.

oh, this is just a lintin buosity. it simly does not know about newer
Standards-Version's:

You should have this with 1.22.9... weird..

Anyhow, it's just a W:...

> > E: fig2sxd: no-copyright-file
> >
> > And really, it isn't installed. Why have you commented dh_installdocs?
>
> Well, this is a good question! I think I thought it was going to try to
> install some documentation, which does not exist except for the man page;
> I did not think of the copyright file. Anyway, it's uncommented again.
>
> I put the files to sourceforge again. I also signed them now - am I
> supposed to do that? To me it seems quite useless now, as even if I would
> make the public key accessible, nobody knows that it's mine.

well, it doesn't hurt.. Although a public key not accessible doesn't
exactly make much sense. ;) And gpg already shows the uid etc so
verify the signature would work when the key is on a keyserver or
somesuch.

Anyway...

$ dpkg-source -x fig2sxd_0.10-2.dsc
dpkg-source: error: file fig2sxd_0.10.orig.tar.gz has size 20465 instead
of expected 20466

Something happened so that the .dsc contains the wrong value...

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73