Re: RFS: qbrew -- a homebrewer's recipe calculator

On Thu, 1 May 2003 11:46:39 +0100
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:39:00PM -0800, Fielder George Dowding
> wrote:> I am attempting to become the maintainer for Defoma, a
> package that> has been orphaned for over two months (#180188). I
> have successfully> downloaded the .deb, expanded it, and
> repackaged the .deb using the> various tools for doing so.
>
> Ugh! Don't do that! Get the source package and modify it.

Whoops! I should have pointed out Defoma is a set of perl scripts,
which apparently suffers from the same lintian problem as do other
packages containing perl scripts.

My purpose was to learn the ropes of packaging a source tree and
checking it prior to presenting it for peer review. I have been
looking at the bug reports, but I do not sufficiently grok the code
to suggest fixes.

> > I ran lintian (which produced a couple of mild complaints), but
> > I don't have "linda" and can't find it.
>
> 'apt-get install linda' on testing or unstable.
>
> Cheers,

It appears I will have to set up a testing and unstable box to deal
with this. I must keep my stable box for production. Is there any
advice along these lines?