Mannaging non well-known port in inetd.conf/services

Hi,

I don't know how to handle this. I'm building a debian package for zabbix
(zabbix.sourceforge.net), which could run his tcp servers processes as
daemons or as inetd.

No real problem for daemon mode, but what to do with inetd mode, as
defaults ports are 10000 and 10001. Could I do directly:
update-inetd --add '10000 stream tcp nowait...' or should I need to
register the port in /etc/services (and how???), regarding debian
policy?