Re: Mannaging non well-known port in inetd.conf/services

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:

> No real problem for daemon mode, but what to do with inetd mode, as
> defaults ports are 10000 and 10001. Could I do directly:
> update-inetd --add '10000 stream tcp nowait...' or should I need to
> register the port in /etc/services (and how???), regarding debian
> policy?

No need to register the port or anything like that.  inetd.conf can easily
handle numeric port numbers.  It's been a while since I had to play with an
update-inetd call, but I think you've got the right call there.

--
Matthew Palmer, Debian Developer
mpalmer@debian.org     http://www.debian.org