Re: First steps in packaging

Pete Ryland wrote:

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 11:46:21AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, David Z Maze wrote:
Your mailer doesn't have a "reply to all" button?  Get a better one,
Debian has lots.
The problem we're discussing, though, is that "reply to all" means exactly
that - to *all*.

Hmm.. I recall "reply to list" being mentioned, not "reply to all" which is
different.  I've already deleted David's mail, but is that really what he
said?

Of course, depending on your POV, it might be seen as less resource
intensive just to set up a procmail duplicate-killer instead of trying to
educate the entire Internet on proper e-mail technique.

Duplicate removal is easy, yes, but if you were to reply to me *and* the
list, the mail sent directly to me will usually get to me first and so the
one sent to the list will be removed.  This means that it will end up in my
normal inbox rather than my mailbox for said list, which is slightly
annoying.

Why do I feel like I opened a can of worms?