Re: In need of a mentor [OFF TOPIC]

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 08:51, Clare Jarvis wrote:
> Theresa Gardner
>
> You mentioned Internet Explorer, which would seem to indicate
> that you are using your debian box as some sort of router/firewall.
>
> Is that correct?   I think it might be most help to explain the steps
> for retireving email you used when the system was working as desired?
>
> Clare Jarvis

Clare,  I've been working with Theresa and discovered she has a second
SSH daemon that has taken over port 80 (telnetting to port 80 returns
the SSH header), so Apache won't start.

I've already given her instructions on how to find the PID of the one
using port 80 and kill it, but how in the world would sshd have taken
over port 80?  That seems like a pretty huge mistake in config...

And, it's also running an sshd on port 22 where it belongs.

Anyway, we're working on it.

-Tony