Re: First steps in packaging

Tony Maro <tony@maro.net> writes:

> Odd considering that so far most every reply that I've received
> (except yours of course) included two copies.  And the fact that you
> can't just hit "reply" and have it go back to the list - it wants to
> only reply to the sender.

Your mailer doesn't have a "reply to all" button?  Get a better one,
Debian has lots.

> I'm surprised the list doesn't set the reply-to field.

Google for "reply-to considered harmful"; the upshot is that if I want
to respond to you personally off the list, setting Reply-To: globally
makes it really hard.  Similarly, if I want responses to my post to go
to me and not the list, the list software tromping on my Reply-To:
header doesn't help things any.

	-- Abra Mitchell