Re: Howdy! Just a note to say I'm here

On 15 Apr 2003, Tony Maro wrote:

> No, I definitely used the Debian tools to build the package from
> sources.  The only problem is that the rules file must include an
> absolute path to the Lazarus development environment which is passed to
> FPC during compile - which will be different on your system than it
> would be on mine.

Except, of course, that the rebuilds will happen on machines where
everything is installed in Debian-default locations, so it should probably
be OK.

The best thing to do would be to modify the build system (either in Lazarus,
if necessary, or in your package) so it isn't so picky about where things
are - such as working out where it's bits and bobs are itself (a la
autoconf-style macros).

That brings the next issue to light - lazarus isn't in Debian... That may or
may not be an issue, depending on whether you intended for your program
itself to go into debian.  But the Lazarus system sounds like it would be a
useful addition at some stage - my own bigotry against pascal-derived
languages aside... <g>

- Matt