Re: Howdy! Just a note to say I'm here

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 18:57, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 tony@maro.net wrote:
>
> > I was reading the docs and it describes how to upload the i386 package...
> > not mentioning the other files.  If I created my package this way, does it
> > somehow adversely affect the package to be uploaded?
>
> By "this way" do you mean copying the pre-built binaries into the package
> build hierarchy?  If so, yes, it does.  It is a pre-requisite for packages
> in Debian to be rebuildable from source.  If they aren't, then it's not
> going in (if only because it'll be utterly uninstallable on other
> architectures).

No, I definitely used the Debian tools to build the package from
sources.  The only problem is that the rules file must include an
absolute path to the Lazarus development environment which is passed to
FPC during compile - which will be different on your system than it
would be on mine.

If you wanted to rebuild the package on another system, you would have
to edit the rules file to point to wherever you installed the Lazarus
IDE.

-Tony