Re: Howdy! Just a note to say I'm here

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 tony@maro.net wrote:

> I was reading the docs and it describes how to upload the i386 package...
> not mentioning the other files.  If I created my package this way, does it
> somehow adversely affect the package to be uploaded?

By "this way" do you mean copying the pre-built binaries into the package
build hierarchy?  If so, yes, it does.  It is a pre-requisite for packages
in Debian to be rebuildable from source.  If they aren't, then it's not
going in (if only because it'll be utterly uninstallable on other
architectures).

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16