Re: Still no sponsor for PySol

Alexander Nofftz wrote:
>>How are you generating the .diff.gz files? dpkg-buildpackage should name them
>>something like: pysol_4.81.orig.tar.gz and pysol_4.81-1.diff.gz.  If anyone
>>knows a better way than dpkg-buildpackage to generate the diff let me know...
> I generated them manually by using diff directy. I didn't make any changes to
> the upstream sources, so the diff only contains debian/*.

In this case you probably should go back to reading the new maintainers guide.
Honestly, packaging of the source as a diff.gz and orig.tar.gz generating a .dsc
appears to be more difficult to screw it up than to do it right.
Especially, after you were prompted about a debianesque diff.gz, you should have
been able to figure out how to do it *correctly*. Just search for diff in the
man page of dpkg-buildpackage.

Cheers

T.