Re: Asking for an advocate (gURLChecker) ...

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 01:22:03PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Daniel Pecos wrote:
>
> > 	Well, I ask for an advocate because of debian web page says this:

...<snip>...

> > 	It's really hard to do the process to be a DD, so please, don't talk
> > 	so hardly to people who want to become DD.
>
> Please don't take everything personally.  If you think I've given you a dose
> of bad salts, I'd recommend you immediately unsubscribe from debian-private
> when you become a DD.  Your head will explode from the not-niceness.

This is a good point for all wanna-bees.  Debian is a big project that
covers the world.  Not all of the developers will see eye-to-eye on any
issue.  If a person takes offense and has a tantrum (call it a flamewar
if you prefer ;-) because their viewpoint is not shared, this distracts
people from accomplishing something.  The best DDs seem to keep working
regardless of the noise.  Such a productive person always finds others
who will advocate their skills.  There is always a welcome place in
Debian for someone who keeps productive in spite of the obstacles.

Richard