Packaging of SashXB

[please CC me instead of replying to debian-devel, I'm only subscribed
to debian-mentors. And I'm sorry for the cross-posting, I just wasn't
sure about which list was more suitable]

I was wondering if anyone is actually packaging SashXB. There's nothing
but an RFP and I'm almost sure I saw something about it running on the
lists...
SashXB's site already provides a .deb, was that made by a DD? If
nobody's working with it, does anyone have a problem with me trying to
package it (or at least taking the heavy work done by the SashXB team
and fine tunning it into the archive)?

Sorry if I missed something

Cheers

--